The Housing Resource Centre runs a satellite office at the SGBCHC every Tuesday from 9am-3pm to provide services to clients and community members. Call 705-445-0643 or stop by the Centre on Tuesdays. Drop ins welcome.
What They Do
- Work with individuals and families with complex needs to prevent homelessness and assist in search for permanent housing.
- Administers rent/energy bank program to prevent evictions and utility cutoffs
- Processes LEAP applications for gas and hydro customers
- Acts as a backup for the Salvation Army Emergency Bed program
- Operate a housing registry to match landlords to tenants
- Provides information relating to the Residential Tenancy Act (2007) to both landlords and tenants.
Acts as a resource to groups who are interested in working on solutions to homelessness
- Acts as the representative at a County level to represent the Georgian Triangle's issues and needs relating to housing